It is never a great feeling if the water is shooting out in all directions from your showerhead. In the worst cases, the water flow almost becomes non-existent.
This is the indication that your showerhead holes are clogged with deposits or minerals. If you are facing such a situation, don’t worry. There are effective methods to get rid of this annoying situation. However, it is very important to know why this happens?
Why the showerhead clogs?
A shower has to emit the water constantly every day. The calcium and other mineral deposits are naturally present in the water. Over time, these deposits cause the fixed or handheld shower heads to be clogged. This is never a dangerous situation.
However, it causes the water flow to slow down. The availability of corrosive products that claim to remove the calcium also contributes to the clogging process. So, it is essential to know the steps to be taken to get rid of the clogged showerhead.
How to Clean?
There are different methods to clean the clogged showerhead. Every technique is described in a bit details as follows:
Soaking In Vinegar Method
- Try to wipe as much dry debris present in the holes as possible. Use a scrubber sponge for this purpose.
- If the water is still not spraying quite straight, take a cup filled with water. Now, mix the white vinegar equally as water in the cup.
- Pour this solution into a plastic bag.
- Put that solution filled bag around holes of the showerhead such that the holes are dipped in the liquid solution.
- Use a twist tie to secure the bag with the shaft.
- Now keep patience and allow the holes to be immersed in that solution for around an hour.
- After an hour, remove the bag and clean the deposits.
- In the end, run the shower and use hot water to flush. That’s it!
How does this method work?
When you dissolve the showerhead in the white vinegar and water solution, the acids present in vinegar naturally break down the rust and limescale. This allows the shower head to work correctly again, just like a new one. The unclogging or cleaning of faucet can also be done by using this trick.
Boiling In Vinegar Method
- Remove the showerhead, if it can easily be removed.
- Make an equal quantity mixture of water and Vinegar in a Pot or Pan.
- Boil the mixture and immerse the showerhead fully in it.
- Now, boil this mixture for around 20 minutes.
- Assemble the showerhead after rinsing it with the moderate water.
Taking a shower is something that is needed daily by everyone. Any problem or clog in showerhead directly affects your life.
So, it is vital to get rid of this problem by using the methods as mentioned earlier to clean clogged showerhead.
Both, Soaking in Vinegar as well as Boiling in Vinegar methods are useful in cleaning the clogged showerhead. The key is to use the way which suits you the best or easy to implement.
Leave a Reply